Match facts ahead of #BMGFCU
Everything to know ahead of Sunday’s Bundesliga home game against 1. FC Union Berlin (19:30 CEST).
- BORUSSIA-PARK is nearly sold out ahead of Sunday’s match against the Berliners.
- This will be the eighth Bundesliga encounter between the sides. Union have won four of these matches, with Borussia winning once in May 2020 (4-1). The remaining two fixtures ended in a draw.
- Borussia suffered a 2-1 defeat the last time these two sides met in Berlin. Danilho Doekhi headed in the winning goal for FCU in the seventh minute of second-half injury time.
- The first competitive match between the sides took place on 6th February 2001 in the semi-finals of the DFB-Pokal. Then third-tier FCU won on penalties (2-2 a.e.t.) against Borussia, who were playing in the second division at the time.
The number of the game: 8 – presented by Interwetten:
- Borussia and Union have an identical record from their last eight league games: W2, D4, L2. They have also both scored eight goals in this timeframe.
- Borussia are unbeaten in their last four Bundesliga games (W1, D3) – their longest run without defeat this season.
- Borussia let a lead slip in Frankfurt for the seventh time this season, something only Augsburg have had happen more often (8).
- Mönchengladbach are unbeaten in their last five Bundesliga home games (W2, D3).
- Jonas Omlin have saved an impressive 92% of shots faced in his last three games – the best rate of any Bundesliga goalkeeper in this timeframe (min. 2 appearances).
- Jonas Hofmann is the only player to have scored five goals in the opening 15 minutes of matches this season (no other player has found the back of the net more than 3 times in this period of games).
- FCU are currently in third place, but have won just two of their last seven league matches.
- A win in Mönchengladbach would take FCU to 23 points away from home this season – a new club record in the Bundesliga.
- The DFB will announce the officials for the game at a later date.
- For updates, follow Borussia’s English-language social media channels on Twitter and Facebook and use the hashtag #BMGFCU.