RB Leipzig came from behind to win 2-1 at home against SV Werder Bremen in dramatic fashion. The Bulls scored two late goals to secure three important points in the race for Champions League qualification. Read on for all of the best statistics from last night’s match.
- Dominik Szoboszlai‘s late winner against Bremen was the 14th goal we have scored from the 75th minute onwards this season, as well as our second goal scored in injury time.
- Willi Orbán scored his fourth Bundesliga goal of the season, equalling his personal best in the league.
- Orbán’s goal was our 10th Bundesliga goal by a defender in 2022/23, a league high.
- Orbán’s goal was also the first header we have scored since matchday 12 (made it 1-1).
- Dominik Szoboszlaiscored his fifth goal of the season.
- Szobo has now been involved in 40 goals in 88 games for RB Leipzig (18 goals, 22 assists).
- Christopher Nkunkuset up both goals against Werder, taking him onto five assists in the Bundesliga this season. He has now been involved in 120 (!) goals for RBL (66 goals, 54 assists).
- Szoboszlai hit the post from a corner in the 42nd minute. It was the 15th time Leipzig have hit the woodwork this season – a league high.
Catch up on the win vs. Werder!
RBL come back to win 2-1 against Bremen!
“Just fantastic!” Post-match reaction to #RBLSVW
- Leipzig celebrated their sixth home win against Werder Bremen, and haven’t beaten any other side as often at the Red Bull Arena.
- We are unbeaten in 27 games against newly-promoted sides since our promotion to the Bundesliga (W24, D3). RBL have won each of our last 11 matches against such sides. We will end the season at home against FC Schalke 04, and could therefore further extend this run.
- RBL came back to win a game for the second time this season (previously managed this on matchday 28 against Augsburg).
- Leipzig have woneach of their last four games across all competitions, and are currently on a three-game winning run in the Bundesliga.
- Our 18th win of the season kept us in third place, while we are now four points ahead of Freiburg (5th).
- RBL have won 12 home games this season. We have taken 38 points at the Red Bull Arena in 2022/23, equalling our previous best ever haul from the 2016/17 season, with one home game left to play.
RBL currently have 60 points on the board, two more than they ended the 2021/22 season with (58).
- Marco Rose celebrated his 25th competitive win as RB Leipzig head coach.
- Benjamin Henrichs picked up his eighth yellow card of the season, while Szoboszlai was cautioned for the third time.
- No other player in the squad has more than three yellow cards, meaning that none are at risk of being suspended for our two remaining league fixtures this season.
- Ground covered (km): Timo Werner – 11.1
- Shots: Dominik Szoboszlai – 3
- Duels won: Dominik Szoboszlai – 19
- Touches: Willi Orbán – 115
- Pass success rate: Lukas Klostermann – 97%
- Top speed: Christopher Nkunku – 34.32 km/h
- RBL enjoyed 61% possession.
- Leipzig covered a combined 115.5 km as a team, more than Bremen managed (114.1).
- We had 20 shots on goal while Werder managed just six.
- RBL were awarded three corners, with Bremen awarded two.