In an exciting game with late drama, RB Leipzig defeated SV Werder Bremen 2-1.
More on #RBLSVW
- “It was a tough game against a good Werder side who defended passionately. We made a few bad decisions and we weren’t smart enough at times. Despite that, we were always in the game and deserved the win in the end.
We have goals that we want to achieve and we can do that next week in Munich. The spaces we get in that game will be different. Bayern are growing in confidence at the moment and are coming into some good form, but we’re doing well too. We’re going there in order to deliver a good performance.”
- “The way we came back is just fantastic. You could see that the whole team absolutely loved it, including the players on the bench. This team spirit is important when you want to win games like this. Doing it in the last minute is even nicer.
It’s never easy to play against sides who sit deep and are compact. Bremen defended well and it’s never always easy to find the gaps. We didn’t have many clear-cut chances, but we moved the ball around better in the second half. At the end Christo showed again that he can make the difference and we’re pleased that he’s on our team.”
- “We fought and deserved the win in the end. Christo’s assist was amazing. I thought I’ll just follow in and the ball might end up with me. There are games where things just don’t go your way and you go behind, but the mentality and will that we showed is incredible. I’m really proud of the team.
The game against Bayern is important, as is every game. It’s never easy to play away against them, but we’re ready. We’ll try to take three points back home with us.”
- “It was a great show of our mental strength and a really exciting game. We were really dominant in the closing minutes of the game and managed to get the win. We had to be there and that’s what we did.
I think it will be even more difficult against Bayern. We’ll prepare well for the game and give our all.”
- “It was hard work today, but we deserved the win. We had to show some resilience because Werder did really well as a team. You have to show good mentality and break them down. In the end, games like this are decided by top players.
Of course we want to win in Munich to secure our qualification for the Champions League.”