Match facts ahead of #BVBBMG
Everything to know ahead of Saturday evening’s Bundesliga match at Borussia Dortmund (18:30 CEST).
- The Signal-Iduna-Park is sold out for Saturday’s Topspiel fixture (capacity: 81, 365). A total of 7,800 fans are expected to make the trip from Mönchengladbach.
- This will be the 102nd meeting between the sides in the Bundesliga, with Dortmund having won 41 times to Gladbach’s 32 (D28).
- Dortmund have won 12 of the last 15 meetings with Mönchengladbach. The Foals’ three wins in this timeframe have come in their last three home games against BVB.
- Dortmund have won each of their last eight Bundesliga home games against Gladbach (27 goals scored, 3 conceded). The Foals have taken just four points from their last 20 trips to Dortmund.
- None of the last 54 competitive games between the sides have ended 0-0. The last match between BVB and BMG to end in a goalless draw was in April 1994.
The number of the game: 18 – presented by Interwetten:
- Jonas Hofmann moved to Mönchengladbach from Dortmund in early 2016. The attacker has been involved in 18 goals in the Bundesliga this season, and had a hand in three goals in our 4-2 win over BVB earlier this term.
- Mönchengladbach won 2-0 against Bochum last time out and have picked up nine of their ten wins this season on home soil – no side has won fewer matches on their travels in 2022/23 than the Foals.
- This will be the eighth time that both Borussias are playing in the Saturday evening primetime slot this season, with only Schalke having appeared as often in this time slot. Bayern will draw level on the following matchday.
- Both sides have committed just nine fouls on average per game this season – a league low.
- Seven of BVB’s games in 2023 have taken place after leaders FC Bayern have already been in action, with Dortmund winning six of these matches (D1).
- Edin Terzic has lost 4-2 in both his Bundesliga games against Mönchengladbach (in January 2021 and November 2022, both at BORUSSIA-PARK).
- Daniel Schlager will be the referee for Saturday’s game. Sven Waschitzki-Günther and Arno Blos will be his assistants, with Benedikt Kempkes as the fourth official. Rounding off the officiating team are Tobias Reichel (video assistant referee) and Dr. Justus Zorn (assistant video assistant referee).
- For updates, follow Borussia’s English-language social media channels on Twitter and Facebook and use the hashtag #BVBBMG.