Match facts ahead of #BMGSVW
Everything to know ahead of Friday night’s home game against SC Werder Bremen (20:30 CET).
- This weekend’s match at BORUSSIA-PARK is sold out with no further tickets available. There’s a slight chance that some resale tickets may become available in the online ticket shop on matchday.
- This will be the 106th meeting between the sides in the Bundesliga. Borussia have won 41 of the previous encounters, along with 25 draws and 39 defeats.
- A total of 339 goals have been scored in 105 Bundesliga games between Borussia and Bremen. The Foals have netted 178 times, compared to 161 for Werder, at an average of 3.23 goals per game.
- Werder won the reverse fixture this season 5-1, which remains their biggest victory so far this season.
- Borussia have lost just one of their last 16 Bundesliga home games against Werder: 4-1 on 23rd October 2010 (goals: Marin, Wesley, Hunt, Pizarro – Mertesacker own goal).
Number of the game: 10 – presented by Interwetten
- Borussia are unbeaten in their last 10 Bundesliga home games against Werder Bremen (W7, D3).
- Gladbach and Werder go into this matchday level on points (30) and sitting next to each other in the table (BMG 10th, SVW 11th).
- Borussia have won just one of their four Bundesliga home games in 2023 (D2, L1): 3-2 against league leaders Bayern on matchday 21.
- The Foals have drawn 0-0 in two of their last three games at BORUSSIA-PARK (vs. Schalke and most recently Freiburg).
- Borussia’s Marcus Thuram (71) and Bremen’s Niclas Füllkrug (69) have had the most shots of any players in the Bundesliga this season (Marvin Ducksch is in joint third in this ranking). Both Thuram (11) and Füllkrug (15) have hit double figures for goals in 2022/23.
- Lars Stindl will come up against his favourite opponents this weekend. He has scored more competitive goals against Werder than he has against any other team (9; 8x Bundesliga, 1x DFB-Pokal). His first top-flight brace also came against the Green-Whites (in May 2009 for KSC).
- Tobias Reichel will take charge of the match, alongside assistant referees Benedikt Kempkes and Christian Bandurski. Alexander Sather will be the fourth official, with Marco Fritz and Dominik Schaal on duty as the video assistant referees.
- For updates, follow Borussia’s English-language social media channels on Twitter and Facebook and use the hashtag #BMGSVW.