Facts and stats ahead of #BMGSCF
Here is everything you need to know ahead of the Bundesliga home game on Saturday (15:30 CET) against SC Freiburg.
- BORUSSIA-PARK is not yet completely sold out.
- SC Freiburg and Borussia will meet for the 42nd time in the Bundesliga. The Foals have won 12, whereas SCF have been victorious 15 times, with 14 draws.
- The reverse fixture ended in a 0-0 draw. In the last meeting between the two sides at BORUSSIA-PARK, Freiburg recorded their biggest ever Bundesliga victory (6-0).
Number of the match: 10
- The Foals are unbeaten in their last 10 Bundesliga games at the traditional Bundesliga kick-off time of 15:30 on Saturday (W6, D4).
- Borussia are in seventh place in the home table with 22 points and in 14th place in the away table with seven points, making it a difference of 15 points and seven places. No other team has such big discrepancies.
- The Foals have been very successful at home against the top teams this season: they beat RB Leipzig 3-0 (currently 4th), Borussia Dortmund 4-2 (2nd) and recently won 3-2 against Bayern Munich (1st). Now Freiburg, currently in fifth place, are coming to BORUSSIA-PARK.
- In attack, Marcus Thuram and Michael Gregoritsch are the important players for the two sides. Borussia’s leading goalscorer has had 65 shots on goal this season, the most of any player in the league, with the SCF striker Gregoritsch in third place in this ranking (55).
- Mönchengladbach and Freiburg have entered the fewest challenges of all the teams in the Bundesliga: SCF average 179 per game, Borussia 186.
- Freiburg have 41 points under their belt after 22 games, which is their best ever return in the Bundesliga at this point.
- Benjamin Brand will referee the game, assisted on the sidelines by Dominik Schaal and Christian Leicher, with Dr. Robin Braun as the fourth official. The VAR officials are Benjamin Cortus and Thorben Siewer.
- For updates, follow Borussia’s English-language social media channels on Twitter and Facebook and use the hashtag #BMGSCF.