Our boys played brilliantly to win 3-1 away to the record champions.
- “Bayern were not much better than us. We felt at the break that we could improve a lot. We were a bit sloppy on the ball. We wanted to play with more intensity and be more compact. We always felt we could get something today. We felt like Bayern were there for the taking after our equaliser. We’re pleased to have played our game and to have won.
I enjoyed the energy we played with today and that so many players wanted to score a goal for us. The first goal set us on our way to victory.
This season has been long, but we want to give our all in the coming weeks.”
- “We didn’t start well, but knew we would get our chances. That then happened and we took them. Everybody knows how good we are from counter-attacks. We gave everything in the second half. We played with more intensity and used our quality.”
- “Bayern were better than us in the first 20 minutes. We didn’t give up after going behind and continue to fight. We played how we wanted to in the second half. We showed that we can beat Bayern, even here, for the first time at the Allianz Arena. It’s really not easy to win here.
I’m really tired now, I ran a lot, but it’s completely worth it. We’ve finally secured our place in the Champions League. We only focused on ourselves and weren’t interested in the title race between Bayern and Dortmund.”
- “We came from behind to win the game after a confident second half. We had more control of the game after some tactical changes at the break, including deciding to defend higher up the pitch. We were better once we won the ball back, played with confidence and deserved to win.”
We’ve finally achieved our goal of qualifying for the Champions League. The fact that we managed it here in Munich makes it even more special.”
- “Both teams lost the ball a lot in the first half. Bayern deserved to lead at the break. We were brave in the second half, built up some pressure and forced Bayern to spend more time in their own half. We had a number of dangerous moves and deservedly got the win.
We came here today to qualify for the Champions League. We were in a good position and simply wanted to take this chance.”