Match facts ahead of #BSCBMG
Everything to know ahead of Borussia’s trip to Berlin to face Hertha BSC on Sunday (15:30 CET).
- Tickets: The Olympiastadion in Berlin (capacity: 74,475) is not sold out for tomorrow’s match. A total of 3,700 fans will travel to the capital to support the Foals. It will not be possible to purchase tickets in the away block at the stadium on matchday.
- This will be the 70th meeting between the sides in the Bundesliga. The Foals lead the head-to-head record, with 27 wins to Hertha’s 25 (D17).
- A total of 213 goals have been scored in the 69 meetings between Borussia and Hertha to date – 105 for the Berliners and 108 for the Foals (average of 3.09 goals per game).
- Borussia are winless in their last four Bundesliga trips to Berlin to face Hertha (D2, L2).
- The Foals won 1-0 against Hertha earlier this season. Borussia were awarded two penalties, with Alassane Plea netting the first one and Jonas Hofmann having the second spot-kick saved by goalkeeper Oliver Christensen.
The number of the game: 5 – presented by Interwetten (external content):
- Borussia have scored five times from corners this season – a league high!
- Mönchengladbach have conceded just three headers this season – only two teams in the Bundesliga have let in fewer goals in this manner.
- Borussia’s challenge success rate of 51.9% this season is only bettered by two teams in the league.
- Lars Stindl has been involved in four of VfL’s six goals after the winter break (3 goals, 1 assist) – only Frankfurt’s Randal Kolo Muani has had a hand in more goals in 2023.
- Hertha are the only Bundesliga side yet to pick up a point in 2023. They have started a calendar year with four straight defeats for the first time since 2012 (6 straight losses back then). They are currently in 16th place.
- Hertha head coach Sandro Schwarz has faced the Foals six times in the Bundesliga and has never beaten them (D2, followed by L4). Hertha’s top goalscorer Dodi Lukébakio is winless in seven matches against Gladbach (0 goals).
- Christian Dingert will referee the match, with Benedikt Kempkes and Timo Gerach as his linesmen. Marcel Unger will be the fourth official, with Johann Pfeifer as the video assistant referee and Guido Kleve as his assistant.
- For updates, follow Borussia’s English-language social media channels on Twitter and Facebook and use the hashtag #BSCBMG.