Match facts ahead of #BMGVfB
Everything to know ahead of the Bundesliga home game against VfB Stuttgart on Friday evening (20:30 CET).
- A total of 53,000 tickets have been sold so far, with a few still available for purchase in the online ticket shop.
- This will be the 101st Bundesliga game between Borussia and VfB Stuttgart. The Swabians edge the head-to-head record, with 41 wins compared to 29 for Borussia (D30).
- A total of 295 goals have been scored in these 100 games, with the Foals netting 132 compared to 163 goals for VfB – this works out to an average of 2.95 goals per game.
- VfB Stuttgart are unbeaten in their last five Bundesliga games against Borussia (W3, D2).
- Gladbach’s last win against Stuttgart in the Bundesliga dates back to 9th December 2018 (3-0 at home).
The number of the game: 8 – presented by Interwetten:
- Mönchengladbach are ranked fifth in the all-time Bundesliga table with 2,735 points, just eight behind VfB Stuttgart in fourth (2,743). The Foals could, therefore, surpass the Swabians this season.
- All four of Borussia’s wins this season have come at home – against Hoffenheim (3-1), Hertha (1-0), Leipzig (3-0) and Köln (5-2).
- Nico Elvedi is on the cusp of his 250th competitive game for Borussia. He scored our first headed goal of the season against Union last time out, and has found the back of the net two times in 2022/23 (1 goal in 2021/22). Elvedi has won a solid 64% of his challenges this term. The defender is a doubt for this weekend, however, having missed training due to illness.
- Borussia have scored five goals from corners this season – a league best!
- Gladbach’s defenders have scored a league high seven goals so far this season, with Nico Elvedi becoming the latest to do so on the last matchday. Fellow defenders Ramy Bensebaini (4) and Marvin Friedrich (1) have also found the back of the net this term.
- Dr. Matthias Jöllenbeck will officiate the match between Borussia and Stuttgart. His assistants will be Thomas Stein and Jonas Weickenmeier, with Florian Exner as the fourth official. Tobias Welz will be the video assistant referee, with Thorsten Schiffner as the assistant video assistant referee.
- For updates, follow Borussia’s English-language social media channels on Twitter and Facebook and use the hashtag #BMGVfB.