Facts and info ahead of #BMGFCB
All of the important facts and useful information ahead of Gladbach’s Bundesliga home game against FC Bayern on Saturday (18:30 CEST).
- Borussia and FC Bayern will face each other for the 111thtime in the Bundesliga on Saturday. Bayern have got the better record, taking the three points on 51 occasions. 31 games have ended in draws and Borussia have won 28 of the duels.
- Since the beginning of the 2011/12 season, Gladbach have claimed 35 points against the record champions from Bavaria – a far better record than any other Bundesliga side (W10, D5, L9).
- Mönchengladbach are even unbeaten in the last five competitive games against FC Bayern (W3, D2).
- Bayern have only won twice in the last nine Bundesliga games away to Gladbach (D2, L5) – the last time FCB won at BORUSSIA-PARK was on 2nd March 2019 (5-1).
- If coach Gerardo Seoane picks Moritz Nicolas as the replacement for the injured Jonas Omlin, the 25-year-old would make his Bundesliga debut. Up until now, the keeper only played in goal for Borussia in the DFB-Pokal game against SV Oberachern last season (9-1 win).
- Patrick Herrmann has won more Bundesliga games against FC Bayern than any other current top-flight player (9 wins from 24 matches, otherwise D7, L8).
- Borussia and FC Bayern have had the third-most and second-most corners respectively in the league – the Foals have had 12 corners, FCB 16.
- Alphonso Davies has got the most assists in the Bundesliga (3), two of which have been for Harry Kane.
- Harry Kane has got more goals than any other new signing in the league (3). The Englishman could now set his first FCB record: only Mario Mandzukic, Luca Toni and Ruggiero Rizzitelli have scored in each of their first three Bundesliga games for the club.
- Deniz Aytekin will be the match referee. His linesmen will be Eduard Beitinger and Dr. Martin Thomsen. The fourth official will be Dr. Robert Kampka. Pascal Müller and Christian Dietz will be the video referees.
- The game hashtag is #BMGFCB. We will keep you up to date with all that you need to know about the game via social media.
- An overview of Borussia’s channels: Twitter / Instagram / Facebook / YouTube