DFB-Pokal: Match facts ahead of #BMGWOB
Everything you need to know ahead of the Foals’ DFB-Pokal round of 16 tie against VfL Wolfsburg on Tuesday evening (20:45 CET).
- Borussia and Wolfsburg have only previously faced each other once in the DFB-Pokal. The Foals beat VfL Wolfsburg 3-0 in the final in the 1994/95 season, winning the Pokal for the third time in their history.
- The two teams played each other around three weeks ago in the Bundesliga. Borussia secured a comfortable 4-0 win on that occasion, with Tomáš Čvančara, Rocco Reitz, Franck Honorat and Alassane Plea all getting on the scoresheet.
- The two sides have met 47 times in the Bundesliga, with Borussia winning 15 of those games and Wolfsburg coming out on top on 22 occasions. There have been 10 draws between Borussia and Wolfsburg, whilst Borussia haven’t lost any of their last eight Bundesliga games against Wolfsburg, winning four and drawing four of those clashes.
- Borussia reached the round of 16 courtesy of a 7-0 win away at fifth-division side TuS Bersenbrück and a 2-1 win against 1. FC Heidenheim, whilst Wolfsburg triumphed 6-0 away at fifth-division side Makkabi Berlin, before beating RB Leipzig 1-0.
- The referee for the game is Bastian Dankert, whilst René Rohde and Sven Waschitzki-Günther will be his assistants. Florian Exner is the fourth official and the Video Assistant Referees are Harm Osmers and Mike Pickel.
- The game hashtag is #BMGWOB. We will keep you up to date with everything you need to know regarding the match via social media.
- An overview of Borussia’s channels: Twitter / Instagram / Facebook / YouTube