Borussia Dortmund will round off the 2022/23 Champions League group stages with a game away to FC Copenhagen on Wednesday. Kick-off is at 21:00 CET. The facts preview for the match.
- Everything has already been decided in Group G: no club can improve or worsen their position in the group standings. Each club has a superior head-to-head record against the team directly below in the table.
- Borussia Dortmund reached the UEFA Champions League as German runners-up and are taking part in their 17th group phase.
- After a tense start, BVB won the reverse fixture 3-0 thanks to goals from Marco Reus, Raphael Guerreiro and Jude Bellingham.
- Including the reverse fixture, there have only been five meetings with Danish clubs – against Brøndby in 1993/94 and FC Copenhagen in 2001/02.
- The Black & Yellows scored precisely one goal in each of those first four games.
- In the last 16 of the 1993/94 UEFA Cup, BVB beat Brøndby 1-0 at home thanks to a goal from Michael Zorc and drew 1-1 away from home courtesy of a Stéphane Chapuisat strike.
- Having dropped down from the Champions League, Borussia faced FC Copenhagen on their run to the 2002 UEFA Cup final and won both legs of the tie 1-0 thanks to late goals: Heiko Herrlich scored in the 90th minute in Copenhagen on 22/11/2001, and Jan-Derek Sørensen netted in the 89th minute on home soil on 4/12/2001.
- Borussia have lost eight of their last 19 away games in European competition.
- BVB have reached the next round in 12 of their previous 17 Champions League campaigns.
FC Copenhagen facts
- This is FC Copenhagen’s sixth involvement in Europe’s elite club competition. The Danes have only made the knockout phase once (2010/11).
- They have not won any of their previous 11 meetings with German opposition but have lost eight times.