- “The first half was solid. We knew that it would be a close game. We worked hard across the pitch, even if we lacked a bit of precision at the start. However, it’s tough to find a way through against Union.
Overall, we did well to keep our shape and sometimes, when you’re playing a team that’s hard to breakdown, what you need is just for someone to have a go from 18 meters out. It was important for us to take the lead because Union know how to win close games with just one move.
We took on the fight and were able to control the game at the right moments. Overall, it was a very mature performance from us. We also scored some nice goals; if you ask me, our third should definitely be awarded Goal of the Month already!”
- “We knew that it wouldn’t be easy, but we had confidence in our game plan. Union always try to use the fact that they are at home to their advantage, but we did well to foil them today, despite not creating many great chances in the first half. We were able to do so after the break and deservedly won. We knew that if we managed to take the lead, then we would be able to find ourselves in more space. Benni Šeško is a player who instinctively knows how make those deep runs. In the end, it was a great performance from us.”
More on #FCURBL
- “I really enjoyed playing in this stadium and with this special atmosphere. Union were a tough opponent. I’m happy that my shot went in, because I’ve been practicing that in training. The most important thing, however, is that we won.
We have a great team and an amazing coach. We still need to get to know each other more, and I’m confident that we will have a strong season. The season is long and there are lots of games still ahead of us. It’s important that we won today and that we can head into the international break with confidence.”
- “I heard that it’s been a while since any team was able to win here in Berlin, so I’m happy that we managed to do so. It feels great to have scored twice – it gives me a lot of confidence and makes me want to prove myself at the highest level even more.
We have a very strong team, and it’s evident how well we get on off the pitch as well. We hang out a lot and will continue to improve together. In time, we will only get stronger.”
- “It’s extremely tough to win here in Berlin. Union have been unbeaten at home since February 2022, which speaks to the quality of the work that’s been put in here. It was a very mature performance from us, so we fully deserved the three points.
I don’t really want to talk about my own performances, but rather want to show what I can do on the pitch. I’m pleased that I’ve been playing well lately, but I need to consistently bring this same level.”