- “It was an important and deserved win from the tea. They performed well from the beginning and they carried the performance over the 90 minutes. That’s very impressive against a good Hoffenheim side.”
- “We feel really good and you can see that on the pitch. We have a lot of good players. We’re on a good run and are picking up some great results.
For my goal, Dominik did really well to create the space for me to shoot at goal.”
- “There are no easy games in the Bundesliga. We worked hard for the victory; we were brilliant for stretches of the game, especially in the first half. We moved the ball around really well and created a lot of chances. Unfortunately we had a goal ruled out. If it had stood, it might have been a bit easier for us. We remained focused after they equalised and played even better. We deserved the win today; nothing was handed to us. I’m proud of the team.
The head coach has formed us into a brilliant team. We have some fantastic individual quality in the squad and fight and work together out on the pitch. We push each other to perform to a high standard and we have a good level of ability across the whole squad. We can rotate a lot, as we did today. That’s the key to our success and allows us to pick up so many points.
We’re all aware that this was our first away win in the league. It’s something we can build on.”
RBL reach UCL last 16
Round of 16 draw on Monday
- “We’re really pleased with the first away win. We went into the game without any pressure and we’d already shown in the Champions League that we can win away from home.
The past few weeks have been very intense and intensity is also a part of our game. When you have so many games in a short space of time, you have to be prepared mentally and remain focused. We have two difficult games ahead of us and we’re also looking forward to a break. Our aim is to get six points from the next two games. We go into every game with the intention of winning.
I wish Timo all the best and above all, I’m hoping for a quick recovery. It’s a real blow for him and it’s not easy. We’re there for him as his teammates.
Christo is just great fun to watch and have in the team, but I don’t want to single anyone out because we have too many good players”
- “We started the game strongly and deserved to go ahead. We’re very pleased ith the three points. Now it’s about recovering well and going again on Wednesday. We have two difficult opponents coming up.
You could see the quality that we have in our team today. We had a few players out injured but they were replaced well. I’ve played on the right a few times before but not really for long stretches. It takes a little bit of getting used to, but I could bring the ball infield well.
The head coach places a lot of important on team mentality and togetherness. We’re very efficient out of possession and you could see today how many chances we had on the counter attack again. That suits our attack really well, as well as our defence, when we press so early. It was really fun today.
Dani is a fantastic player. He came back into the starting XI today and scored that goal. His first touch and his movement are unbelievable. He was very important for us today. Christo performs every game. You need someone like that to be at the top.”