Borussia Dortmund are away to Eintracht Frankfurt on Saturday. BVB came from 2-0 down to win this fixture 3-2 last season. And it was no coincidence: Borussia have beaten the Eagles more times than any other club after going 1-0 down. The facts preview.
- There has been at least one goal in each of the last 52 Bundesliga meetings between the teams; the last goalless draw – there have only been two in total! – came on 11 April 1990.
- BVB have lost only one of their last 11 meetings; they have emerged as winners six times during that run, while there have been four draws too.
- The Black & Yellows have not beaten any other Bundesliga opponent more often (47 times), while Eintracht have only lost more games to Bayern Munich (57).
- Ten of the 12 red cards shown in meetings between the teams have been for the Hesse side. Only against Stuttgart have SGE had more players dismissed (11).
- BVB won their last away match in Frankfurt 3-2, bringing to an end a run of seven winless games away to Eintracht.
- Frankfurt have won four of their last five Bundesliga outings and have already amassed 20 points – that is eight more than they had at the same stage of last season.
- Matches involving Eintracht have been especially high-scoring, with 42 goals scored (league high).
- Frankfurt have won three of their past four home games.
- Borussia Dortmund have not been awarded a penalty this season and have not given one away in the league either.
- Only Freiburg have kept more clean sheets (six) than BVB (five).