Our lads have performed brilliantly in recent weeks.
The sensational 5-1 win at SC Freiburg earned us a place in yet another DFB-Pokal final, while we have booked our spot in next season’s UEFA Champions League with a game to spare. On top of that, we equalled a club record in our last home game against Werder Bremen.
FC Schalke 04 visit the Red Bull Arena for our final Bundesligagame of the season on Saturday (15:30 CEST). Marco Rose’s side have the chance to break five club records.
The first outing for our new away kit
These club records are in danger
- We have picked up 38 points from 16 home games this season. The win over Werder Bremenequalled a club record, so just a point against S04 will ensure we set a new best at home.
- We have won 12 home games this season – just as we did in 2016/17 – a 13th victory on home soil would be a new club record in the top flight.
- We picked up 20 wins in our first season in the Bundesliga in 2016/17. Victory over the Royal Blues would equal this club record.
News on #RBLS04
Schalke opponent analysis
Match report from our 6-1 win over Schalke in January
More potential landmarks
- We have so far scored 247 Bundesliga goals at the Red Bull Arena, meaning we are not far off our 250th.
- A win over Schalke 04 would be our fifth straight Bundesliga win – we have never enjoyed a winning run this long at the end of a season. We could potentially win six in a row if you include the DFB-Pokal final against Freiburg.
- We have already picked up five more points (63) than we managed across the whole of last season (58 points).
- A win over Schalke would almost make this RB Leipzig’s best Bundesliga season, however the first ever campaign under Ralph Hasenhüttl in 2016/17 will remain the best either way (67 points).