Match facts ahead of #B04BMG
Everything to know ahead of Sunday evening’s Bundesliga game away against Bayer Leverkusen (19:30 CEST).
- There are no more tickets available in the BayArena (capacity: 30,200). 3,000 Borussia fans will be supporting the Foals at the stadium.
- Borussia and Leverkusen will meet for the 82nd time in the Bundesliga on Sunday, with Bayer having won 33 of the last 81 games. Borussia have been victorious on 22 occasions, while 26 matches have ended in a draw.
- The recent record is in favour of the Werkself, who have won the last six Bundesliga games against Borussia.
- High-scoring encounters: when VfL and Leverkusen meet in the Bundesliga, there is an average of 3.37 goals. There have been a total of 273 goals in the last 81 games, 118 for Borussia and 155 for Leverkusen.
- There hasn’t been a goalless draw between the two sides in the Bundesliga for nearly 20 years (3rd April 2004).
The number of the game: 12 – presented by Interwetten:
- In the 3-2 loss in the reverse fixture, Lars Stindl scored his 12th brace of his career, three of which coming against Leverkusen.
- The Foals have only won once away from home this season in the Bundesliga, and a season with only one away win last coming in the 2006/7 season.
- Borussia would have to win the remaining two games to equal their points tally of 45 from last season.
- Lars Stindl will make his 375th appearance in the Bundesliga, likely to be his last in the top flight.
- Both teams like to link up in the penalty area, since Borussia have played the fewest crosses in the Bundesliga, and Leverkusen the second fewest.
- Leverkusen have scored the most goals on the counter attack (10), while the Foals have allowed their opponents to create goal scoring chances the most from counter attacks (52 shots, 8 goals).
- The Werkself have lost six times at home this season, with more home defeats last coming in the 2002/3 season.
- Daniel Siebert will referee the game, with Rafael Foltyn and Robert Wessel his assistants. Benjamin Cortus will be the fourth official, and Dr. Matthias Jöllenbeck (video assistant referee) and Markus Sinn (assistant video assistant referee) will round off the officiating team.
- For updates, follow Borussia’s English-language social media channels on Twitter and Facebook and use the hashtag #B04BMG.